What’s on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus
September 8, 2016 2:52 am by Raja Thangarasu
As you know, Apple has been releasing a new phone every year in the month of September. This year (2016), Apple revealed a new shiny iPhone called iPhone 7. There are two options: iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Let’s go through what’s new with iOS10, iPhone7 and iPhone 7 plus in this article.
• iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus ship with iOS 10 capabilities. With iOS 10, you can wake the phone just lifting it up.
• Siri capabilities are now on third-party apps on the App Store as Apple made Siri available to developers in July 2016. Now you can book a ride using Siri and it also provides more intelligence suggestions when you compose text or email messages.
• Maps has more capabilities in iOS10; you can book a reservation or book a ride without leaving your maps app. I personally like this feature as I use the app often as I travel a lot.
• HomeKit integrated with iOS10 so you can manage your home automation through the control center. Every major home automation company supports HomeKit now. There is an easy way to find out if your device supports HomeKit – you will see the label (below) on the packaging when you buy a home automation device (such as a light bulb, thermostat, garage door). Pretty cool eh!
• iMessages can now do more expressions and effects and has more stickers.
• One of my favorite features of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus is the Water and Dust Resistance using IP67 protection standard. 🙂
• The home button has been redesigned and it’s now Force Touch Home button instead of having traditional button press. Home button can be used for Siri, Accessibility, TouchID, Reachability, Apple Pay etc.
•The iPhone 7 front and rear cameras have Optical Image Stabilization that will prevent you taking pictures that are blurry because of shaking. It has 12MP Rear and 7MP FaceTime HD Cameras. We can now take pictures as RAW DNG files for editing purposes. It has large f/18 aperture and has six-element lens.
•The phone has a 4.7″ Retina HD Display with wide color gamut.
• It has Stereo Speakers one on the top and another on the bottom.
• For Audio, iPhone 7 uses Lightning Digital audio cord to play music and they got rid of the traditional headphone jack AKA mini-phono.
• Apple also introduced Apple AirPods which are wireless headphones that cost extra. When I looked at them at first, it looked weird to me for some reason.
• It has A10 Fashion 64 bit four core processor chip. Two high-performance cores and two high-efficiency cores.
• Longest Battery Life ranging from 12 hours to 60 hours depends on what you are doing with the iPhone. For example, playing wireless audio lasts 40 hours on the iPhone 7 and 60 hours on the iPhone 7 Plus. I am impressed with the battery life. 🙂
iPhone 7 Plus
• iPhone 7 Plus has TWO 12MP cameras on the rear, one is a wide-angle camera, which is the same as the iPhone 7 rear camera 26 mm, and another one is a telephoto camera that is 56mm. The second camera helps to take long shot pictures.
• The phone has a 5.5 Retina HD Display with wide color gamut.
I hope you enjoyed this article got to know more about the new iPhone 7 and 7 plus. Leave your comments or suggestions. If you like it, don’t forget to share it with your friends. Thanks for reading! 🙂